If you often find yourself forgetting where you last placed your keys… If you find yourself wondering what you intended to get from the refrigerator, then listen up. Your brain function is facing decline… but the good news is that it’s reversible.
It has long been thought that the brain could non recover from age-related decline but modern skill has pr oven otherwise. Through a process called “neurogenesis”, your brain is capable to grow new brain cells. Although its capability to grow new cells decline as you age, it is possible to stimulate your brain for maximum growth. This is why you see some older people seem to have a young brain – it’s because they stimulate their brain.
In this article, I will attempt to list 5 tips and tricks that I feel ar the most important in improving brain functions. The account as to why they work is complex and long – and I won’t be going through them here. With that said, let’s begin.
- Your brain only goes through neurogenesis when it is challenged – such as when you are learning a new skill.
- Your brain requires the materials to grow new brain cells. These materials is, of course, your nutrition. A healthy diet, therefore, makes sure your brain has access to the materials when it needs it.
- Manage your stress. Prolonged exposure to stress causes the release of several neurotoxins that destroys brain cells.
- Physical exercise causes the release of hormones and neurotransmitters that boost brain functions such as memory and attention. It also causes increased blood flow necessary for the brain to execute astatine its peak.
- If you would like specialised help, brain exercises ar the way to go to stimulate your brain. Some brain exercises increase your auditive processing capability thus increasing your hearing and speaking skills. Some others increase your visual processing capability thus boosting your reading and visual skills. They achieve this by stimulant the part of your brain creditworthy for these functions.